This Acceptable Use Policy outlines the appropriate usage of the Telstra Managed SIM card provided with Safe-Life Personal Emergency Transmitter (PET) devices. By using a Safe-Life PET with a Telstra Managed SIM, the End User acknowledges and agrees to comply with the terms and conditions outlined in this policy.
Definitions of Key Terms
- PET: Personal Emergency Transmitter, such as the Safe-Life Personal Medical Alarm 4G.
- SAFE-LIFE: Alerting Devices PTY LTD trading as Safe-Life.
- END USER: Person(s) using the PET.
Intended Use of PET Devices
The primary intention of PET devices with the Telstra Managed SIM card is to provide emergency communication for the End User in urgent situations.
An End User may use the SOS and side-talk buttons on the PET in emergency situations only. The PET may also be used for periodic testing – initially upon setup and at suitable intervals (e.g., every 3 months). Testing should be conducted within reasonable limits, such as one press of the SOS button to confirm that the programmed mobile numbers are correct. You can send up to 150 SMS messages a month.
The End User must not use the SIM service in any way that Safe-Life considers 'improper' or 'unacceptable':
- Improper Use: Safe-Life considers the End User's use of the service improper if it is used in a manner other than what Safe-Life intended. The End User shall not use the PET as a traditional mobile communication device. If the End User wishes to use the PET in this manner, they should contact the Safe-Life team to discuss available options.
- Excessive Use: Safe-Life monitors SMS and voice usage for each PET. If Safe-Life deems the usage patterns to be excessive (used significantly more than typically expected for emergency situations), the End User will be contacted to discuss usage options. Safe-Life reserves the right to implement additional charges for excessive operation or discuss the option of transferring the Telstra SIM card into the End User's name.
Yearly Recharge of SIM Card
Safe-Life allocates the initial 12 months of credit to the End User's SIM card. Every 12-month period, the End User is required to recharge $60.00 to continue using the service. Safe-Life will contact the End User with instructions on how to recharge.
This Acceptable Use Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction in which the product was purchased. Any disputes arising from or related to this policy shall be resolved through negotiation, mediation, or arbitration, as deemed appropriate by the parties involved.